The New Zealand Working Holiday Visa is a visa that allows young Spaniards between the ages of 18 and 30 to travel and work in New Zealand for 12 months.
As you may well know, obtaining a visa to work in New Zealand is very difficult. To do this, the government of Spain and the government of New Zealand jointly created the Working Holiday Visa , a document that allows Spaniards to work, study and travel in New Zealand and vice versa.
If you are interested in living an unforgettable experience with a lot of options to travel, from the famous mountains of the Lord of the Rings to paradisiacal beaches for surfing. New Zealand is a place that surprises everyone who visits it.
Below we will see in more depth all the details to apply for this Working Holiday Visa.
First of all, let’s see what a Working Holiday visa is.
What is a Working Holiday Visa
The Working Holiday is a visa that allows you to study and work for a period of 12 months in a destination in the world. In this case, in New Zealand.
These visas are aimed at young people between 18 and 30 years of age.
Each year a number of places are offered. For this call, there are 200 total places offered for young Spaniards who wish to undertake this adventure.
An ideal way to live an international experience in New Zealand, to be able to study the language, and work to earn some money and pay for your stay in this world destination.
💡 Generally, the jobs that are usually carried out when a Working Holiday is carried out are as a waiter, shop assistants, hotels, cleaners, gardeners, barista, kitchen assistants, etc.
What does the Work and Holiday Visa offer for Spaniards
The points you should keep in mind are the following:
- There are 200 seats available.
- The visa allows you to travel and work in New Zealand for one year (12 months).
- It is a temporary multiple entry visa .
- The visa can only be obtained once in a lifetime . If you have been selected in any of the previous calls, you will not be able to apply again.
- You can study a maximum of 4 months .
- You can work for a maximum of 6 months .
- Show commitment to return to Spain once the term of the Work and Holiday Visa has ended.
- Obtaining this visa does not ensure employment or accommodation in New Zealand.
At the end of the article text you have information to find work in New Zealand as well as other tips when traveling to this destination.
How to get a New Zealand Working Holiday visa?
Regarding the requirements to obtain a New Zealand Work and Holiday Visa , it is required:
- Be Spanish or have a valid passport. (There are also options for other countries, below we mention the countries that can carry out the Working Holiday New Zealand .)
- Be over 18 years of age and not over the age of 30 at the time of application.
- Not having participated in the program in previous years.
- Possess at least 4,200 NZ$ to live on during your stay in the country.
- Be in possession of a return ticket or have funds to purchase it.
- Pay the application fee for the Work and Holiday Visa.
- Have a good level of English to defend yourself in the country.
- Have completed two full years of higher education.
- Comply with health requirements and have medical insurance that covers cases of hospitalization throughout your stay in New Zealand.
- Have no criminal record.
Apply for the Work and Holiday Visa New Zealand
If you are interested in obtaining one of the 200 visas , you can apply for the New Zealand Work Holiday Visa for Spaniards, through the New Zealand Immigration Department website .
You have to be quick in requesting them since the visas do not have a deadline, they are offered as they are requested.
Which countries have Working Holiday New Zealand visa?
There are several countries that participate in this agreement, below you will find the complete list along with the number of Working Holidays they offer:
- Belgium 🇧🇪 – Unlimited
- Canada 🇨🇦 – Unlimited
- Denmark 🇩🇰- Unlimited
- Finland 🇫🇮 – Unlimited
- France 🇫🇷 – Unlimited
- Germany 🇩🇪 – Unlimited
- Ireland 🇮🇪 – Unlimited
- Italy 🇮🇹 – Unlimited
- Netherlands 🇳🇱 – Unlimited
- Norway 🇳🇴 – Unlimited
- Sweden 🇸🇪 – Unlimited
- United Kingdom 🇬🇧 – Unlimited
- United States 🇺🇸 – Unlimited
- Japan 🇯🇵 – Unlimited
- Malaysia 🇲🇾 – 1150
- Portugal 🇵🇹 – 50
- Mexico 🇲🇽 – 200
- Estonia 🇪🇪 – 100
- Philippines 🇵🇭 – 100
- Hong Kong – 400
- Slovenia 🇸🇮 – 100
- Hungary 🇭🇺 – 100
- Spain 🇪🇸 – 200
- Slovakia 🇸🇰 – 100
- Austria 🇦🇹 – 100
- Luxembourg 🇱🇺 – 50
- Poland 🇵🇱 – 100
- South Korea 🇰🇷 – 3000
- Latvia 🇱🇻 – 100
- Czech Republic 🇨🇿 – 1200
- Israel 🇮🇱 – 200
- Singapore 🇸🇬 – 200
- Taiwan 🇹🇼 – 600
- China 🇨🇳 – 1000
- Malta 🇲🇹 – 50
- Lithuania 🇱🇹 – 100
- Thailand 🇹🇭 – 100
- Turkey 🇹🇷 – 100
- Vietnam 🇻🇳 – 100
- Croatia 🇭🇷 – 100
- Peru 🇵🇪 – 100
- Brazil 🇧🇷 – 300
- Argentina 🇦🇷 – 1000
- Chile 🇨🇱 – 940
- Uruguay 🇺🇾 – 200
Other countries with Working Holiday Visa
These countries also offer Working Holiday Visa.