The Working Holiday Visa for Canada is a visa that allows young people to work and study in this destination for a period of 12 months. If you want to live in Canada for a year, the Working Holiday is one of the best options to consider, as long as you meet the requirements shown below.
The number of visas varies depending on the country, for Spain, for example, it offers 1,000 visas each year for young Spaniards who want to study and work in the country.
Below we will see in more depth all the details to apply for this Working Holiday Visa.
First of all, let’s see what a Working Holiday visa is.
Let’s go there!
What is a Working Holiday Visa
The Working Holiday is a visa that allows you to study and work for a period of 12 months in a destination in the world. In this case, in Canada 🇨🇦 . It is a work permit established in the “International Experience Canada” (IEC) agreement granted by the Canadian Immigration Department (CIC) since 2014.
These visas are aimed at young people between 18 and 30 years of age.
An ideal way to live an international experience in Canada, to be able to study the language, and work to earn some money and pay for your stay in this world destination.
💡 Generally, the jobs that are usually carried out when a Working Holiday is carried out are as a waiter, shop assistants, hotels, cleaners, gardeners, barista, kitchen assistants, etc.
Requirements to apply for the Working Holiday Visa for Canada
The requirements to apply for this visa to travel and work in Canada are as follows:
- Being a Spanish citizen (In the case of Spain)
- Be between 18 and 35 years of age, both ages included, at the time of application.
- Valid passport. Check the expiration date of your passport!
- Proof of sufficient funds for the trip, approximately 2,500 Canadian dollars. (approximately 1,663.74 euros)
- Have health insurance if you travel to Canada.
- Not have previously participated in the Program.
How to apply for the Working Holiday Visa for Canada
To start the application process for the Working Holiday Visa for Canada, you must follow these steps:
- Go to the Canadian government website .
Below you will find all the information to apply for the Workin Holiday Visa, by clicking on the Application process at a glance, as well as other information of interest such as what pool work is, preparing your arrival, seeing the dates, knowing the status of your selection process or find a job.
When you access the Application process at a glace you will find the following infographic showing step by step everything you need to do to apply for a visa to travel and work in Canada.
Once you fill in the entire process, all you have to do is wait to see if they grant you one of the places available for this call.
What does a Working Holiday Visa offer?
This type of visa offers a series of special characteristics to other visas. Because it is a visa for young people who wish to work and study in Canada, the characteristics are the following:
- The Working Holiday Visa for Canada has a general cost of 250 CAD* plus 85 CAD*.
- You can opt for a job for the twelve months of its duration.
- The duration of the visa begins once you are offered the visa.
- Employment contracts cannot exceed 25 hours per week.
Which countries offer the Working Holiday Visa for Canada
There are several countries that participate in this agreement, among them are:
- Spain 🇪🇸
- Chile 🇨🇱
- Costa Rican 🇨🇷