About the job
A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, we attract a diverse mix of people to work on ground-breaking global projects. We have an ambitious commitment to be the digital leader in the built environment and have digital teams and experts all over the world, who collaborate on world-leading software, data and technology projects and products. Being a global team means we value people with diverse experiences, backgrounds, specialisms and skills.
Our Digital Technology team are proud winners of the IT Team of the Year for 2021 at the Chartered Institute of IT’s UK IT Industry Awards.
We’re looking for an IT support analyst to be the front-door to technology services to the rest of the organisation. You will help to increase business productivity by taking a customer-focused, proactive and collaborative approach to anticipating and resolving technology issues. You will provide support and technical expertise to a range of issues relating to hardware, software, peripherals and projects.
Working under the guidance of the local service lead, you will be part of a larger team that provides customer-focused digital services to Arup globally. This is a full time, level 2 support role in a typical IT support infrastructure, with a business-focused mindset.
We provide opportunities for all our people to develop their skills, along with challenging and innovative work in an environment that allows individuals to flourish. We believe in continuous learning; providing a culture that is naturally curious and always stimulating. One that promotes self-discovery and allows people time to be creative.
“I enjoy the variety of my role – no two days are the same. One day I might be reassuring a nervous presenter minutes before they present to hundreds of colleagues via a live stream. The next day I might be trying to fix a laptop remotely with a colleague who has a looming deadline or showing them how to get the most out of the latest digital tools.”
You Should Apply If
- You are passionate about helping people get the most out of technology
- You are excited by the opportunity to learn new things
- You value career progression and are open to new opportunities
Responsibilities of the role include
- Acting as client liaison for all Digital Technology-related requests from staff, being first line of engagement to understand and address issues and needs around desktop (Windows, O365 etc.) and infrastructure (compute, storage, network, cloud services, enterprise systems, cybersecurity, etc.), engaging and escalating to other Digital Technology teams as needed
- Providing value added services to the business, working together with the leadership team to drive technology and help transform business activities
- Configuring, deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecoms equipment
- Solving problems associated with hardware (PCs, Macs, mobile, etc.), software, and services (video conferencing, remote access, etc.) determining the source of problems and classifying their level, priority and nature. When appropriate, escalating or routing them to the appropriate team
- Helping with a range of office-based technology needs – installations, moves, changes, etc. that involve staff requirements and infrastructure needs, working collaboratively with other DT service teams
- Responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to an agreed service level
- Documenting procedures, standards, best practices configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions
- Following ITIL/Service Management policies and procedures
- Helping the software asset management team to maintain applications (license management and version control)
- Helping with communications and training around technical change
- Playing an active part in our team: helping to build an inclusive environment, sharing your knowledge and promoting best technology practices with colleagues
Some of the technology you could expect to support includes:
- Personal computing (HP, Mac, etc.)
- Mobile computing (iPhone, iPad, Samsung etc. depending on office or regional policy)
- Microsoft Windows Operating System, Mac OSx (limited)
- Microsoft 365 and associated services (i.e. OneDrive for Business, MS Teams, etc.)
- Cloud based solutions (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Video conferencing hardware/software based on global standards
- Office printers and copiers (these vary depending on office or regional policy)
Please don’t be discouraged if you don’t meet every point below – if you meet most, and are strongly motivated by the role, and willing to learn, we are still interested in hearing from you.
Requirements And Skills
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Some experience working in a regional or global organisation providing desktop support services in a Microsoft environment
- A desire to learn, you should have a track record of developing your technical knowledge and applying new skills in a high paced environment
- Good analytical skills, with ability to solve problems and openness in sharing your knowledge and thinking with others
- Experience of ServiceNow or similar IT Service Management systems
- Some experience working in a professional services organisation
- Familiarity with MS Teams and O365
- Familiarity with technical software solutions from Autodesk, Bentley, Trimble, etc
- Familiarity with software solutions from Adobe, Bluebeam, Cisco, Symantec, etc
- Passionate for diversity, recognizing the innovation and competitive edge that comes from a diverse highly skilled team where equal opportunities are truly valued
- Collaborative, consultative and effective in a consensus-based decision-making culture
- High energy, motivated, open-minded and willing to embrace innovation and new technology
- Written and verbal communication skills; communicating to all levels within an organization
- Continually exercises thought and judgment to determine the most appropriate action
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with representatives from various organisational offices and levels
- Desire to attain or working towards technical certification in Information Technology
What To Expect At Arup
We offer a multicultural and informal international working environment where you can develop professionally by being part of a team of professionals who enjoy what they do:
Be part of a company with a strong corporate culture committed to its values and aims: quality of work, holistic approach, humane organization, straight and honorable dealings, social usefulness and reasonable prosperity
Short, long or educational assignments at Arup’s offices and projects anywhere in the world
Continuous training and professional development that will allow you to adapt to the growing needs of our clients being in the midst of the digital transformation
Employees at Arup are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme, dependent on the firm’s financial performance. Competitive performance based salary growth
We offer a flexible Friday scheme. We are open to candidates seeking a more flexible working week including flexible start/finish times, planned working from home and offer the ability to purchase additional leave.
Our goal is to shape a better world and to do that, we need to make Arup a great place to work for everyone. If we want to solve problems for people around the world, we must seek and attract the best people from the
Find good articles here.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.arup.com.