About the job
Accounts Receivable Specialist – Madrid, Spain
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join our Collections Center of Excellence (CoE) team in Madrid as Accounts Receivable Specialist to help us take our AR area to the next level.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Taking action to achieve AR overdue reduction in the legal entities (LE’s) under your responsibility.
- Proactively follow-up the collections process for assigned customer accounts, including communications with customers by phone and email to ensure payments are made complying with agreed contract conditions
- Identify and resolve disputes impacting customer payments, coordinating with relevant stakeholders for a quick issue resolution.
- Define together CoE Team Leader efficient collection strategies, ensuring compliance with Sulzer Collection Guideline and an efficient prioritization of customer contacts to optimize overdue results.
- Follow-up on LE overdue results, supporting with KPI calculation and maintaining accurate accounts receivable files and records.
- Actively participate in meetings with LE stakeholders, proposing actions to correct deviations and escalating AR-related issues when required.
- Cooperate in the migration of new customers and LE’s to the scope of the CoE in Madrid.
- Support in standardization of AR collection-related processes across the group.
- Act as a subject-matter expert (SME) for Sulzer in AR Collections area, identifying and sharing best practices across the Group and providing guidance to stakeholders to improve Group collection results.
- Identify improvement opportunities related to collections activities, working closely with Legal Entity stakeholders and CoE Team Leader looking for efficiencies and best practices in the area.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Financial background with proven experience and good understanding of O2C processes.
- 5+ years of experience working in Collection Teams for multinational companies or in Financial Shared Services organizations.
- Fluency in English and German and spanish basic level required. Any other European language will be an advantage.
- SAP & FSCM (Collection and Disputes) experience is a plus.
- Results oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong team player with very good interpersonal skills. Keeping a good working environment is key to Sulzer and to our CoE team in Madrid.
We offer you:
- You’ll be joining an experienced, international team.
- A good vibe working environment.
- Flexible hybrid remote/office working model.
- Our offices are located in Rivas Vaciamadrid and we enjoy being together at the office from time to time, but you’ll have the opportunity to work from home frequently if you wish to do so.
- You’ll be joining initially with a temporary contract to cover a long-term voluntary leave, with a good chance to move to a permanent contract in the future.
- Other fringe benefits
Location: We are based in Rivas Vacimadrid, Madrid. This is a great place to live because our culture, diversity, security, climate, cultural and leisure options, developed communication network in the city and surroundings.
International applicants are welcome to apply.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work and we are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer 2022 in Switzerland. So come and join our story, starting today!
Find good articles here.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.