About the job
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Agoda is one of the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation booking platforms.
Founded in Asia and now part of Booking Holdings, Agoda offers travelers a fast, easy way to book hundreds of thousands of properties in almost every country on earth while developing new products at a rapid pace. In every department – from engineering to customer experience – Agoda provides an environment rich with creativity, collaboration, and experimentation allowing you to thrive in and to grow both yourself and Agoda.
As an Indirect Tax Specialist, you will have the unique opportunity to work in Bangkok for Agoda Services Co. Ltd, reporting to the Indirect Tax Senior Manager (who leads the Agoda Indirect Tax function). You will be part of the broader tax team that is rapidly growing in light of the changing tax landscape for digital services. While being part of the broader Tax and Finance team (approximately 100 professionals) you will also work closely with the Product and Legal team.
The main focus of this position is to (co)design and set up solid and scalable compliance processes for Agoda’s worldwide local indirect tax obligations with a focus on data and systems management. .
This role involves interaction with our US parent company, international offices, business managers, functional teams, IT and other finance and legal colleagues. Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may also evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Analyze and optimize internal VAT compliance processes
- Support in defining, mapping and testing of tax logic for ERP system (Oracle to SAP 4 Hana)
- Assist in reviewing indirect tax returns prepared by external advisors in foreign jurisdictions where the company is registered for GST/VAT purposes
- Identify potential problem areas when reviewing indirect tax compliance returns and take appropriate remediation actions for past and future
- Coordinate with internal teams and external advisors to obtain information necessary for resolving indirect tax compliance issues or streamlining compliance processes
- Assist in information and data gathering when required by Tax authorities
- Support the Tax Team in daily operations to accomplish tax objectives
- Perform ad-hoc tax assignments, as assigned by Tax Manager, Senior Manager and/or Tax Director, including but not limited tax research
- Keeping up to date with legislation and practical changes which impact VAT compliance
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Tax Economics/Law Accounting, Finance or any business/similar related field. Certified accountant/certified tax adviser/equivalent is a plus
- 3 – 4 years of experience with indirect tax compliance in an international context, preferably both in mature and developing jurisdictions
- Experience with building and testing of tax logic/flow mapping is a definite plus
- Experience in dealing with Tax Authorities during tax audits/investigations
- Strong affinity with data analysis and ability to (co-)design compliance processes Excellent MS-Excel skills. Oracle, SAP 4 Hana and/or MySQL proficiency are a definite plus
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Good analytical, communication & interpersonal skills
- Good command of English (both in writing and speaking)
- Experience working in a MNC, and/or SEC listed company in the US is a definite plus
It’s Great if you have:
- Organized with a proactive focus on finding long term solutions for indirect compliance matters Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Adaptable to new technologies, quick learner
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly disciplined work habits
- Energetic and driven personality
- Adapts well to and is energized by change
- Creative and Innovative
Find good articles here.
To apply for this job please visit careersatagoda.com.