About the job
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Enterprise Risk Specialist. As a member of the WFBI Risk Strategy, Planning & Governance (SPG) team, the Enterprise Risk Specialist role will assist the WFBI CRO, Deputy CRO and members of the risk leadership team in implementing the WFBI’s risk management program, by participating in and supporting the delivery of the SPG team deliverables as set out in its annual plan.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the coordination, development and monitoring of the WFBI foundational risk documents including WFBI Risk Framework, WFBI Risk Strategy, WFBI Risk Appetite Framework;
- Facilitate the WFBI Statement of Risk Appetite (SoRA); a written expression of the extent and types of risk the WFBI Board is willing to accept, or avoid, in pursuit of its strategic priorities; comprising of qualitative statements, quantitative measures and qualitative assessment criteria;
- Manage the coordination and aggregation of risk reporting and risk submissions which are presented to the WFBI Executive Committee and Risk Committee for review, recommendation (to Board) or approval;
- Coordinate IRM review and challenge on Front Line risk assessments, such as the quarterly WFBI Risk Profile Scorecard assessment that monitors and reports risk management effectiveness, through evaluation of control design and effectiveness and risk management capabilities;
- Provide IRM review and challenge on Front Line documents; including WFBI Business Strategy and several key policies (e.g. Remuneration Policy, Pillar 3 Policy and Disclosure);
- Oversee policy management across WFBI, with a responsibility to design and communicate Board-approved policy governance principles and coordination of semi-annual refresh of policy inventory;
- Manage the ongoing oversight of Strategic Risk and Model Risk governance; and
- Participate in the delivery of key strategic projects, including Climate & Environmental (C&E) Risk plan, and supporting the CRO in promoting a sound risk culture.
This participation and support will be demonstrated by:
- Leading on low complexity deliverables;
- Reviewing moderately complex business, operational, or technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors;
- Analysing and compiling risk reporting;
- Providing oversight and challenge to the Front Line;
- Formulating and presenting recommendations for resolving more complex situations and exercise independent judgment while developing expertise in relevant policies, procedures and requirements;
- Assisting with the development, implementation, and monitoring of risk governance processes
- Guiding and directing in terms of policies, risk management effectiveness and reporting to the Executive Committee and Board Risk Committee; and
- Collaborating and consulting with risk colleagues and internal stakeholders.
- +5 years’ experience of risk management, or equivalent, demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training and education; with experience in enterprise risk management a clear advantage;
- Working knowledge of the key risk management concepts and techniques (risk identification and material risk assessment; risk appetite and key risk indicator facilitation (creation, monitoring, escalation); risk governance and new business initiatives risk assessment);
- Experience in capital markets, asset management and/or lending businesses;
- Experience in projects or processes involving multiple disciplines within an organisation;
- Exceptional organisational, analytical and documentation skills;
- Must be able to work independently and positively collaborate in a fast-paced team environment;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively; and
- Self-starter and able to identify and propose continuous improvement.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Find good articles here.
To apply for this job please visit www.efinancialcareers.co.uk.