About the job
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. Located in either a Digital Sales center, or a local subsidiary, you will help our managed customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities using the latest in digital selling technology. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the industry, you will help customers get to the Microsoft Cloud across solution areas like Modern Work, Business Applications, Applications and Infrastructure, Data and AI, and Security.
As a Digital Solution Specialist (Apps & Infra), you are a business leader with technical expertise working with our most important managed customers. You will lead a virtual team of sales, technical, and services resources to help customers realize digital transformation through cloud computing achieve/exceed quarterly Azure Apps & Infrastructure consumption targets for related workloads in your assigned accounts. You possess both a high EQ with executive presence, able to engage with senior decision makers to uncover digital transformation initiatives, and a passion to learning how Azure cloud services can deliver digital transformation. You will develop and maintain an Azure Infrastructure and application migration expertise, able to identify projects, build a compelling business case, and drive the consumption project to production. You will build and maintain relationships with customers, influence long-term strategic direction and act as a trusted advisor driving engagement at the CXO level with technology decision makers. You will help customers evaluate their cloud strategy, determine approaches to application and data migration and modernization, and recommend solutions that meet their requirements.
- 40% of your time will be spent with customers developing new Azure migration and modernization consumption engagements which align to the customer’s technical and business strategy. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers. You will be required to be disciplined in business-management, adaptable to a culture of accountability and build a strong and active business network.
- 40% of your time will be spent on being the key technical leader, with an outstand Cloud Economics knowledge, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to commit, architect and adopt Microsoft Application Development & Infrastructure solutions. You will win the customer’s technical and business decision for sales opportunities and consumption scenarios, through tailored messaging, providing guidance on cos saving benefits like AHB (for Windows and Linux), bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making and consumption plans. You will lead the standard technical demonstrations and architectural design sessions of Azure to explain and prove the capabilities of Azure relative to the customer business and technical objectives.
- 20% of your time will be spent on managing your territory as a business and investing in your own skills to remain top of your game. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving work that results in business impact for customers, partners and Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership, and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, business value, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. You will therefore be required to attain and maintain required certifications.
- Strong experience in selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on application and infrastructure technologies required
- Account Management: Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation required
- Executive Presence: Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Problem Solver: Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Business Value: Able to utilize tools such as the Azure Pricing Calculator, Azure ROI Tool, and Azure TCO Tool to generate consumption project cost estimates and demonstrate Cloud economic value to customers
- Consumption Project Management. Experience leveraging cloud adoption methodologies and frameworks to structure application migration projects preferred
- Collaborative: Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence required
- Azure Platform: Understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud platform with emphasis on Azure Infrastructure solutions including IaaS and PaaS based environments, and Azure based application management and governance. Understanding and being familiar with Windows Server and Linux Server Licensing model required
- Technical Dialog: Lead technical sessions making use of whiteboards or other resources to drive solution discussions leveraging published solution architectures for common infrastructure implementations required
- Technical Demonstration: Ability to demonstrate Azure solutions leveraging pre-packaged Azure demo environments and live demos from the Azure Resource Manager showcasing relevant Azure infrastructure solutions required
- Technical Frameworks: Ability to leverage technical frameworks such as the Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure to guide customers and partners through the cloud adoption journey preferred
- Leadership: Experience leading large cloud engagements, especially those involving Infrastructure migration and application modernization projects preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and cloud and datacenter infrastructure competitor landscape including AWS and GCP
- Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Certifications: Azure Admin Associate Certified or equivalent knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Find good articles here.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.